Wednesday 3 October 2012

Hair Bow Tutorial

A little "hair how to" post. Because every now and then, my hair actually does something quite pretty.
Bow's are super cute and girly. And if it does't make you look cute and girly, it will at least make you look festive for Christmas. Like a beautifully wrapped present I guess...
Freshly washed hair is not going to help you out here. If it is washed but you still want to tackle this bow, add a little texture with hairspray to make your hair less slippery.
Above is the few items you are going to need. Plus some mid length to long hair.

Give yourself a high ponytail, then with the second hair band make a tight loop. Ensure that the "tail" of the loop is facing the front, down over your face.
Pull the loop tight and split in two.
Pass the tail over the middle of the two sections from the front to the back of your head.

Pin the tail at the back with two bobby pins.
Fan out each side of the bow and use a bobby pin on either side to pin the bottom of the bow to your head.
Hairspray it half to death and you my friend, are good to go.

Really quick and easy after a couple of try's.
You could do it messy like mine or have a more smooth, sleek take on it for more formal events.

Jusqu'a la prochaine fois mes amis...
(until next time my friends) 
You'r chic and sophisticated now so go learn some french damn it! ;-)

13 comments:

  1. Aww, how pretty! I'm definitely trying this out. It looks so simple too :) xx

    jensbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deffo give it a go, it really is simple! x

      Delete
  2. I want to try this! Great tutorial, really clear and easy to follow :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really cute and something even I could do if I had long hair :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can do it, anyone can! I'm so bad at hair usually! Time to grow your hair! ;) x

      Delete
  4. Wish my hair was long enough to try this. Looks fabulous!!! X x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hair isn'tthat short Jayne! Try it and show me on BBB :) x

      Delete
  5. I'm going to do this for Christmas :) I've always wondered how to do it! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect for xmas! You'll look like a cute little present :D x

      Delete
  6. This is fab and looks do-able! Great tutorial x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Do-able it is indeed! Give it a whirl :) x

      Delete
  7. Love this! I have wondered how girls create this look and it seems a lot easier than I thought! Thanks for sharing :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...