Thursday 18 October 2012

Models Own Wonderland - Southern Lights

Just a mere few weeks since I had dangerous heart palpitations over the Models Own Mirrorball Collection I had my magpie eye drawn to the newest Models Own collection.
The Wonderland Collection
Five polishes ranging in gradients of the glitter variety. And man are they beautiful!
Here is Southern Lights with various swatches


Beautiful lilac glitter that has a multifaceted shine. Use a single coat to give a simple yet stunning shine or go bold and layer it up to be a jam packed opaque bomb of lilac glitter. Go bold or go home!
Above I wear Southern Lights over a slick of lilac cream polish (Illamasqua- Wink)
It goes on nicely with no "bald spots" giving an even glitter distribution. I know, I make nail polish sound so technical...Try and keep up ;-)
In the name of beauty blogging and nail polish obsessivness I swatched it over a few different polishes.
Over Orly- Bold Move. A dark purple cream
Over Illamasqua- Wink. A lilac cream
And Southern Lights used all alone, with two coats.
I suspect in my infinate knowledge (ha!) that it would also look like a beaut over a black polish! Yum!

This polish hasn't chipped at all. I could do nothing to chip this sucker! Even me, who uses my hands and nails like a swiss army knife!

Models own polishes are £5 each but currently on 3 for 2 in boots!
Check out the full collection here on the Models Own website.
Like their Facebook page here for competions and latest news!

Next up to be swatched and shown up will be Snowflake from the same collection.

5 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I love glitter nail polishes and Models Own is definitely one of my fave brands! I'll definitely keep a look out for this one :) xx

    Beauty In My Mind - Cosmetics Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Model's own are great! Fraction of the price of high end polish and works brilliantly! x

      Delete
  2. Ooooh this is like a beautiful purpley version of Electric Lane :) what a beaut! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire you would lurveeeeee it! It's right up your street! Having fun in Boston I hope!! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely nails! Come and check my blog out if you have the time. I am now following you, xoxo http://pureenlightenedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...