Monday 20 February 2012

February GLOSSYBOX- Whats inside?

GLOSSYBOX time again, February edition. This month's boxes have caused quite a stir on the GLOSSYBOX Facebook page with the difference in price between the two boxes sent out being a whopping £18! I did indeed get the cheaper box, that aside, here is the content's and my thoughts...
Firstly a very perculiar product called DR Bronner Magic Liquid Soap.
this tiny bottle is full size and £1.99 to buy. Not high end as GLOSSYBOX promises to give. I'm having a hard time working this product out... It smells herbal and medicinal and can apparently be used anywhere, be it face, body, hair and scalp or in your bath. I'm stumped and don't feel compelled to try it. Picture below showing it's foaming qualities.
Next was Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Relaxing Balm 25ml. I have super extra straight hair anyway that lies flat and frizz free so I don't see how this product could help me. I may swap it on Beauty Box Swaps.
Full size would be £15.25 for 200ml

Then COMO Shambhala Invigorate lotion. I am over run with body lotions so this may go to someone else. It smells strongly of essential oils, think Eucalyptus and Lavender. It sinks in nicely and doesn't leave the skin greasy though which I like. Full size would set you back £20 for 300ml, the tester here is 50ml
Next is a Bare Minerals Pure Mineral Eyeshadow. Suitable for Vegan's not that this bother's me. I can't tell you the colour of mine as my two year old stole it and then ripped the sticker off the bottom. Typical! Here is a swatch though...
It's a grey toned deep khaki green with very subtle shimmer. It goes on smoothly, I have never tried Bare Minerals eyeshadow before so can't comment on staying power or creasing. Full size is £7. This tester is a good size and would last a long time which is good.

Lastly is DUWOP Venom Gloss. Mine is the beautifully named colour- Buttercup
It's a shimmering champagne colour. On the lips it's a tad sticky but not overly. It has that lip plumping tingle, but not so strongly that it's anoying. Full size is £16 for 10.4ml, this one is 5 ml, so a good tester size.

Also included was this intriguing little card... wonder what this is all about...

Feel free to leave me a link to your GLOSSYBOX review on what you recieved, I'd be interested in looking at the other box that was sent out. Happy with yours?

2 comments:

  1. I hate mine. I got a different hair product and my soap is lavender which I hate!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i just think the price difference was a bit of a let down, i would have loved the £20 tint...wouldn't everyone huh!? x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...