Wednesday 1 August 2012

Illamasqua Sale!

I can try and resist. I can try and stay strong. But ulitmately, I NEED these Illamasqua items. I do.
Illamasqua had a huge sale recently and the little darlings went and delivered my package last night.
Unfortunately my boyfriend was home when it was delivered and it's a whole lot harder trying to convince him of my NEED for these beautiful things...
My first item is a pressed powder foundation compact in shade 140. Normally £21.50 but in the sale for £10 so better than half price!
It is extremely finely milled and very soft to the touch. The packaging is gorgeous and it comes with a little powder puff for application on the go.

 The next item is a liquid highlighter/illuminator in the colour Odyssey which is a white pearly colour. The website shows the product as coming with a brush applicator but mine came in the same packaging as the Illamasqua lipglosses do in which the product sqeezes from the end.
It is brilliantly pigmented and leaves one hell of a shimmery highlight! Blending is the key with this product as it is so pigmented. Once blended it is simply stunning! I may try mixing a little of this in with my BB cream to see if it gives a dewy illuminated glow all over the face.
£13.50 usually but £7.50 in the sale. A little goes a long way with this product so worth the £13.50

Lastly was a nail varnish quad  with Prism, Scorch, Harsh and a base coat.
Prism is a blue toned iridescent polish which looks understated yet interesting on its own, or adds something special to any other polish when layered ontop.
Scorch is a bright pure white which goes on really opaque. This could look lovely with Prism over the top.
Harsh is a silver glitter. Good glitter count so two coats should see a fairly jam packed glitterball nail!
The base coat goes on really smoothly and dries extremely quickly with a high gloss shine.
This was £15 in the sale but it's no longer on the website so I'm not sure how much it should be full price.
I was given the option at the checkout to add a free sample of the Freak perfume and a magazine on their Human Fundamentalism range to my order. So I did. Of course.
I already own the Freak perfume as I got it for my birthday but this is great to keep in my handbag as I love it ever so much! The magazine has some amazing and gorgeous makeup photography inside as well as letting me lust over more Illamasqua items while I make a mental list for my next spree!
Reviews on these products coming soon once I have given them all a go, although I can't say my finished look will be even half as daring as the above makeup efforts!

I Instagrammed my Illamasqua beauties too under the username emsmcs
Did you purchase anything from the Illamasqua sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...