Saturday 21 April 2012

NOTD Mememe Serene & Models own Sophie's Pink

My nail of the day was inspired by FleurDeForce's new video on youtube. She had a blue and a pink polish and had switched the colours around on each hand. Subtle yet interesting! Watch her video here.
Models own in Sophies Pink is A pretty plain bright pink that I wouldn't wear on it's own as it's a little, well, boring! Teamed with another contrasting colour however and I love it. It's like the Staple black vest of your nail varnish collection, not anything special on it's own, but great for pulling a look together. It applies nicely, I used two coats for it to be fully opaque.
You can buy it for £5 from Boots or their website here.

MEMEME In Serene is the polish I won from their Facebook Page and I absolutely LOVE it! I want to wear it all the time! despite owning over 70 other polishes! The colour is the most gorgeous spring /summer Cornflower blue! 
The only thing I am not keen on is the brush. I think it's supposed to be one of those "one stroke does the whole nail" brushes as it is SO wide, they call it "Maxi-brush technology" though. It is also stiff so although it is wide enough to cover the whole nail, it doesn't bend with the natural  curve and shape of the nail. Any touchups around the sides are near on impossible because the brush is just so huge and clumsy. I find it hard to work with but with the amount I'm going to use this polish this summer, I'm sure I'll get used to it!
It is park of their 13 colour Catwalk Collection and you can buy it from their website here, or Superdrug for £4.50. Bargain!

6 comments:

  1. Loving the pink!

    www.lifeslittlestars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great one to have in the old collection! Easy to wear x

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I've just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please have a look here for more details http://lifethroughanumberoflenses.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    YY x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is exactly what I did I watched the video and now have the two polishes on my shopping list to do the same with hahaha looks so pretty and your version looks great too don't say I will be buying two more polishes!!! haha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I loved it when I saw it, I never thought to do it before! I'm sure you can swap for them on BBS rather than buying ;) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...