Tuesday 27 March 2012

Glossybox For Men - March

So my boyfriend is subbed to Glossybox for men. It comes every 3 months and is £17.95.
There is deffinitely less thought and product searching put into the men's box, and I think it's slightly over priced.
Anyway, Here it is...
The box is the same design as the ladies one, just a taupe colour instead. packaged the same with the ribbon, sticker and card.
The products inside have nicely divided up into my own little made up categories...
The good-
Liz Earle for men- Face Scrub. Liz Earle is a brand that I love, so I'm eager to see how he get's on with this.
Organic Homme by Green People- Active Fix Repair Serum. This is a cell rejuvenator and actively reduces wrinkles. He's really into skin care for ageing so this is an exciting product to try.

The bad-
Kyoku for men- Shave Cream. One solitary sachet sample of shave cream. with one use worth in there, how can he get a feel for if it works?
4711- Original Eau De Cologne. It just smells terrible. It isn't an up and coming scent that you learn to love. It's an old timer scent that you love to loath. And as a side note, the bottle and lid is oh so very cheap and nasty looking.

The weird-
The Legends London- Alum Matchsticks. We just can't fully work out what these are. And I dont think Glossybox were sure either as the only description they wrote was "Natural aftershave astringent." The pack doesn't really enlighten you much either. Wet before use...Closes pores, calms and soothes razor burn. Hmmmm, I'm perplexed. Just how one of these tiny matchsticks is supposed to do your entire facial shaving area seems like cleaning a sports hall floor with a toothbrush. I told you...Weird!

The womens-
Two products you will be familiar with if you recieve the womens Glossybox.
Dr. Bronners- Lavender Hand Sanitizer. Not much to say, seen it before, it's lavender scented and errrr, sanitizes.
F.A.B- Body Moisturiser. Another that doesn't thrill me as the one I got from my Glossybox is still sitting collecting dust. I suppose it's OK.
These last two seem a cop out and a way to get rid of surpluss stock.

All in all my boyfriend said he will give them one more chance to impress before he cancels, so let's hope the next one (In 3 months time) will do a better job.

What do you think of this March box?

12 comments:

  1. Ouch on the price and shame on them for being so stingy with the products included. For that price you'd expect to see a bigger trial size of the Kyoku none of the fussy old mens cologne or weird astringent matches. Maybe he ought to quit while he's ahead and just follow the Beckham ritual, whatever he uses seems to be working well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's really quite expensive! Nothing ground breaking included in the box. Really dissapointed! Haha...I'll get on the phone to Beckham ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this.
    I was thinking to get one for my bf's birthday, now I can get something else for him for sure! Not gonna sub for the men box, quite disappointed TBH! For the price and the items...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, wasn't sure how interesting it would be as all my followers are female. The price is very excessive for what you get, I just think Glossybox see the mens box as a major money making idea. xx

      Delete
  3. i subscribed for my boyfriend and i think it's utter rubbish to be honest, i'm going to cancel it. it's £17something after postage- way too expensive, it should be the same as the girls... no full size products in either box, tiny samples and two left over girls samples (that no one liked the first time round!) that were obviously only put in because they couldn't be bothered to source any other products. total cop out and i don't know why they are even doing a mens box if they can't be arsed with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly what i was thinking! if they arent going to put their all into the boxes, dont blinking sell them! x

      Delete
  4. I hate 4711! Can't believe they have added items that were in the women's glossybox! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it smells terrible! just a bit of a cheats way out to just fling in leftovers for £18! x

      Delete
  5. I asked my partner if he would like a subscription as he is grooming product mad! So glad he refused - what a waste of money! :( x

    www.lottys-luxuries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. honestly, you are so much better off treating him to one great product than 7 rubbish ones! x

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, that really is a crap box! Glad my friend didn't sign up now. I'd have been embarrassed :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know right! i feel so bad everytime the box is underwhelming as i recomended it to him :s x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...