Friday 16 March 2012

L'oreal Caresse Lipstick Review

I'm sick of trudging into Boots time after time looking for Rimmel lip butters so screw it, I'm going with L'oreals much sleeker, grown up looking version that is the Caresse lipstick...I mean it does come with a free monkey...

No, not really. Elle is an excited two year old who loves monkey's and was ever so eager to have said monkey in the Caresse photoshoot that I had going on (you have to pick your battles!)
Anyway, I bought my Caresse lipstick from Boots for £7.99 and in the shade 101 Tempting Lilac.
It's a soft pink with a hint of lilac. A perfect wearable everyday shade. They do however have some more popping colours available in the way of a bright bright fuchsia. Too daring for me!
It glides on with a creamy sleek feel that is instantly moisturising. The colour pay off is perfect for me as I am a fan of subtle lips. Those wanting rich colour would be dissapointed I think. Somewhere between a lip balm and lipstick I feel these are perfect for me. Not drying or too wet, not greasy nor sticky. Perfect.
This is going to be perfect for me at work where I have no mirror handy but need to keep my lips in check as im confident this wouldn't look too messy when applied hastily.
Quite why the fuss surrounding these blinking Revlon butters hasn't found it's way to these is astounding because to be honest, they would have to be something very special to make me change from these beauties. Plus if I am comparing the packaging, the butters seem very 'teenage' in comparison to the Caresse.

2 comments:

  1. I saw these in store yesterday and looked very interesting. You got a lovely colour! But I just bought 6 revlons so I should probably pass on the L'Oreal one for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 6 Revlons?! where did you find them? not in store i hope?! lol
      with 6 on the go then id say your probably ok to leave the caresse for now ;) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...